BECU Foundation ScholarshipsStart Your Application
Since 1995, BECU has awarded more than $3.4 million in scholarships to 1,251 student members.
The BECU Foundation is continuing to partner with Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS). BECU Members that received a scholarship in 2021 are eligible for the renewal. The BECU Foundation had discontinued awarding new BECU Foundation Scholarships in 2022.
The BECU Foundation is proud to support Washington State Opportunity Scholars (WSOS). WSOS supports Washington students in high-demand trade, health care and STEM occupations. They offer two different scholarship options:
- Baccalaureate Scholarship for those who intend to earn their bachelor's degree. This scholarship provides up to $22,500 in financial aid and access to career-launching support services for Washington state residents pursuing a bachelor's degree in eligible high-demand STEM and health care fields.
- Application deadline: March 2, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PT
- Career and Technical Scholarship for those who intend to earn their certificate, apprenticeship or associate degree
- Applications for the fall quarter open: April 13, 2022
Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
The Baccalaureate Scholarship provides up to $22,500 in financial aid support and access to career-launching support services for students pursuing high-demand STEM and health care majors at any eligible public or private college or university in Washington state. The Baccalaureate Scholarship application is open in January of each year.
The Career and Technical Scholarship (CTS) provides up to $1,500 each quarter for the duration of the associate degree, certificate or apprenticeship program from any one of Washington state's 35 community and technical colleges.
BECU members who meet the following criteria are eligible to be named “BECU Foundation Opportunity Scholars” should they receive a WSOS award:
- Must be a BECU member at the time of application
The deadline for Baccalaureate Scholarship is March 2, 2022.Application deadline for the 2022 Career and Technical Scholarship will be updated soon
BECU Foundation Mission Statement
The mission of the BECU Foundation is to encourage and administer contributions for educational scholarships. The foundation extends the credit union philosophy of people helping people by offering educational support to members and their families. Scholarships recognize and promote service in the community, as well as leadership and academic potential.
Email: CommunityRelations@becu.org with the subject line "2022 Scholarship Question"
View all of our past and present scholarship recipients