BECU’s Telephone Banking System Upgrade
We're transitioning to a more conversational telephone banking system that responds to your voiced questions and commands. The new system has all the same functions, but with added features and capabilities.
About the New Telephone Banking System
The upgraded telephone banking system provides responsive virtual assistant support similar to Amazon's Alexa or Apple's Siri. Features and benefits of the new system include:
- Better understanding of natural language.
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks conversationally without having to navigate a complex phone tree.
- Contextual understanding of new requests based on previous requests.
- Ability to predict what you may want to do next and offer suggestions.
- Hands-free banking.
Check out this two-minute video created by our telephone banking service provider to see a simulation of how the new system works.
About the Transition
The move to the new system will be slow and completed in phases. We'll begin by routing 10-15% of Telephone Banking users to the new system so we can monitor their experience before gradually directing more users to it. We expect to be fully transitioned to the new system by the end of July.
The new telephone banking tool provides the same functionality — like account inquiries, funds transfers and loan payments. The main difference is how you interact with the new system, which uses updated technology to understand natural speech. It is also better at answering member questions and responding to requests than the existing telephone banking tool with its heavy reliance on preprogrammed responses and touch-tone selections.
About Telephone Banking
BECU's Telephone Banking service is available to members and business members anywhere, anytime. You can use Telephone Banking to:
- Check account balances and pending charges.
- Make transfers between accounts.
- Determine if outstanding checks have cleared.
- Make loan or credit card payments.